The annual Horizon Report identifies and describes emerging technology considerably impacting these areas: teaching, learning and creative expression. For the second straight year, their K-12 Edition of the report identified cloud computing as a technology to watch. It’s an interesting read and worth checking out. It’s from the New Media Consortium (NMC), an international not-for-profit consortium of learning-focused organizations dedicated to the exploration and use of new media and new technologies. Mobile technology, game-based learning and open content also factored in; further down the road (next 4-5 years), keep an eye on learning analytics and personalized learning environments. Check it out for yourself: http://www.nmc.org
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design
- Digital Classrooms 2018
- Four Reasons to Rethink EdTech Financing
- My Advice to Women Pursuing a STEM Career in 2018
- A 350% Increase, And Trying to Keep Up
- What Does Success Look Like?
- Can AI Make Teaching Human Again?
- Video-Powered PD!
- Teaching the Untaught