The annual Horizon Report identifies and describes emerging technology considerably impacting these areas: teaching, learning and creative expression. For the second straight year, their K-12 Edition of the report identified cloud computing as a technology to watch. It’s an interesting read and worth checking out. It’s from the New Media Consortium (NMC), an international not-for-profit consortium of learning-focused organizations dedicated to the exploration and use of new media and new technologies. Mobile technology, game-based learning and open content also factored in; further down the road (next 4-5 years), keep an eye on learning analytics and personalized learning environments. Check it out for yourself: http://www.nmc.org
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017
- Tools Teachers Love: Letters Alive
- What Is Edtech’s Role in Out-of-School Time?
- Is It Possible to Learn Anything?
- Social Media’s Role in Higher Education
- Fixing Education
- How The New CEO of an EdTech Company Keeps a Good Thing Going
- Future Focused