Here’s an interesting take on higher education from a longtime edupreneur and leading voice in the postsecondary learning space. Burck Smith, CEO of Straighterline (billing themselves as “the shortest distance between you and your college degree”), discusses rising costs of college, student and taxpayer debt in a lucid argument for an innovative solution to it all. Shifting from the old paradigm and moving into a new model, Burck talks technology, learning and keeping it all practical. It’s a subtle shift, but for the vested leaders walking the centuries-old hallowed halls of higher ed to hear such blasphemous talk of offerings such as those that StraighterLine provides—well, this just may be disruptive technology at its strongest. Click on the video or go straight to StraighterLine.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017
- Tools Teachers Love: Letters Alive
- What Is Edtech’s Role in Out-of-School Time?
- Is It Possible to Learn Anything?
- Social Media’s Role in Higher Education
- Fixing Education
- How The New CEO of an EdTech Company Keeps a Good Thing Going
- Future Focused