Some great inspiration from New Schools Venture Fund that’ll have you watching the entire series: Stubbornly optimistic, entrepreneurs believe they can make a difference, in spite of the odds. And they don’t stop at just thinking these innovative thoughts — entrepreneurs then create new organizations to make the changes they want to see in the world. And by doing so, they inspire others to follow. Above, watch a former high school history teacher, Scott Given, who became the Principal of Excel Academy Charter School in 2005. For three years he was part of a comprehensive school improvement effort there. Given now leads Unlocking Potential Schools, a nonprofit school turnaround organizations which took over its first school in the fall of 2011. To watch other videos in the NewSchools Presents series, go to http://www.newschools.org/entrepreneurs. The series was produced by Portal A Interactive http://portal-a.com/
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017
- Tools Teachers Love: Letters Alive
- What Is Edtech’s Role in Out-of-School Time?
- Is It Possible to Learn Anything?
- Social Media’s Role in Higher Education
- Fixing Education
- How The New CEO of an EdTech Company Keeps a Good Thing Going
- Future Focused
- Unpacking Packback