What’s coming up? Check out The Horizon Report: 2012 K-12 Edition, fourth in a series of reports, produced by the New Media Consortium’s Horizon Project, an ongoing research effort that examines emerging technologies for their potential impact on and use in teaching, learning and creative expression within education around the globe. NMC, CoSN and ISTE have partnered up to present the annual report which features emerging technologies or practices likely to enter mainstream use in the educational community within three adoption horizons over the next one to five years. And the technologies are: Mobile Devices & Apps, Tablet Computing, Game-Based Learning, Personal Learning Environments, Augmented Reality, and Natural User Interfaces. It also presents critical trends and challenges facing pre-college educators that will affect teaching and learning over the next four to five years — trends and challenges that are reflective of realities for both education and the wider world. Also, check out the video summary of the 2012 NMC Horizon Report Higher Education edition.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017