There are thousands of educational apps created for the iPad, yet only a precious few are worth downloading. appoLearning lets parents know which educational apps they should encourage their kids to use, while also detailing the skills that are taught within each recommended application. All of the apps endorsed by appoLearning were curated and evaluated by a panel of teachers, parents, and app gurus. Every app that they showcase is given a Report Card based on their proprietary appoLearning Rubric. Ratings are based on a number of factors, including Educational Content, Kid Appeal, Assessment, Features and Design, Value, and Safety and Privacy. In short, they not only tell you if an educational app is worth downloading, but also why. appoLearning showcases the best educational apps available by subject within four core age groups. They publish separate and comprehensive directories for Early Learning, Elementary School, Middle School and High School. Each age-specific directory features a taxonomy of subjects that will expand over time. Check it out for yourself.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017
- Tools Teachers Love: Letters Alive
- What Is Edtech’s Role in Out-of-School Time?
- Is It Possible to Learn Anything?
- Social Media’s Role in Higher Education
- Fixing Education
- How The New CEO of an EdTech Company Keeps a Good Thing Going
- Future Focused
- Unpacking Packback
- What’s in Store for the 2018 Education Industry