Digital badges provide an opportunity for teachers to be recognized for their informal learning. Worlds of Learning @ NMHS is a place where teachers can learn, experiment, grow, and be challenged. Their skill mastery is acknowledged with a digital badging system. Teachers are recognized for granular skills they acquire during the school year by completing tasks outlined on the platform. Registered users can learn what they want to learn, when they want to learn it. This sustained professional learning initiative will prepare educators to fully leverage the potential for mastering digital age skills embodied in the ISTE NETs Standards for Teachers, as well as the seamless integration of technology addressed in the Common Core Standards.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Heart of Educational Game Design
- Digital Classrooms 2018
- Four Reasons to Rethink EdTech Financing
- My Advice to Women Pursuing a STEM Career in 2018
- A 350% Increase, And Trying to Keep Up
- What Does Success Look Like?
- Can AI Make Teaching Human Again?
- Video-Powered PD!
- Teaching the Untaught
- A Message from the Future