Digital badges provide an opportunity for teachers to be recognized for their informal learning. Worlds of Learning @ NMHS is a place where teachers can learn, experiment, grow, and be challenged. Their skill mastery is acknowledged with a digital badging system. Teachers are recognized for granular skills they acquire during the school year by completing tasks outlined on the platform. Registered users can learn what they want to learn, when they want to learn it. This sustained professional learning initiative will prepare educators to fully leverage the potential for mastering digital age skills embodied in the ISTE NETs Standards for Teachers, as well as the seamless integration of technology addressed in the Common Core Standards.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017
- Tools Teachers Love: Letters Alive
- What Is Edtech’s Role in Out-of-School Time?
- Is It Possible to Learn Anything?
- Social Media’s Role in Higher Education
- Fixing Education
- How The New CEO of an EdTech Company Keeps a Good Thing Going
- Future Focused
- Unpacking Packback
- What’s in Store for the 2018 Education Industry