OpenEd, the world’s largest catalog of educational videos, games and assessments recently launched Common Core Quest – a free app available on the App Store and Google Play that can test and track the mastery of Common Core Standards. With millions of U.S. teachers implementing these rigorous standards in their classrooms, they are faced with the challenge of tracking learning gaps and personalizing learning to ensure all students are on track to meet and exceed the goals. With this fun, ad-free app, students have the ability to take quizzes and practice problems that demonstrate full understanding of the required math and English/language arts standards. When learning gaps are identified, Common Core Quest immediately links the learner to resources from OpenEd’s library of millions of videos and games for practice, allowing students to understand and complete difficult homework, or practice for an upcoming quiz or test. As student’s progress, they are rewarded with ribbons for each Common Core standard met, and badges for entire strands. In addition, the quizzes in Common Core Quest feature Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) and Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) style questions, helping students prepare for the rigors of the high-stakes assessments they will face in the spring.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017