An online library of educational hip-hop songs and videos for grades K-12, Flocabulary is a learning resource used by over 20,000 schools. Engaging and inspiring students, this company creates instructional resources to support lessons across the curriculum, from science and social studies, to CCSS-aligned math and ELA. They also publish The Week in Rap, a weekly current events series that helps students connect to the world around them. Their Word Up vocabulary program uses contextual definitions to teach interdisciplinary Tier 2 vocabulary words, and has been shown to raise scores on state reading tests. They also offer implementation guides by subject and there are even lessons for teaching students to write their own academic rhymes. With a library of over 500 songs and videos, it has fun, engaging tools for almost every academic topic. Through constant feedback from its growing community, they are hard at work on new resources to meet the needs of teachers and students across the globe. Check it out for 30 days.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017