The Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access presents “Explore with Smithsonian Experts,” a free video series for educators and students. The series features subject matter experts presenting on a variety of educational topics to help students develop academic research skills. Students are able to get first-hand knowledge from specialists who have spent years researching a particular topic. Each expert works with one of the Smithsonian’s various institutions throughout the country, and introduces students to new ways to observe, record, research and share information. The series focuses on using museums as a core resource for formal and informal learning for students preparing to enter postsecondary education programs and 21st century careers. The series highlights topics, including history, science, photography and art while meeting Common Core ELA standards for K-12 students. Students are able to explore complex ideas with the benefit of interacting with experts from one of the nation’s most trusted museums.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017