Funding to education technology companies showed no signs of a slowdown in 2014, according to data from CB Insights, a leading tracker of high growth companies and investment activity. Edtech companies ranging from K-12 APIs and MOOCs to student-teacher messaging apps raked in $1.87B across 350 deals – a new record for both deals and dollars in the space. Numbers vary depending on what precisely is being tracked, so have a look at this more detailed article on the CB Insights blog, or for some more colorful broadview commentary, check out Frank Catalano’s take on the growth on Geekwire.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017