A powerful online tool for districts to communicate school location, boundaries and program options to families, GuideK12 SchoolSearch™ is an interactive platform offering numerous enhancements that enable parents to make smart decisions about their children and schools, while reducing calls and cost for the district. Parents enter an address to find the assigned schools in their area along with boundary lines. The map is interactive so each school “pin” can be selected to see customizable district information such as links to the school website, registration links, school grades etc. Distance in time and miles is automatically calculated to all schools on the map. SchoolSearch can eliminate hundreds or thousands of calls realtors and district families make to the district office every year. What really makes it unique is the completely customizable, advanced search functionality. For districts with different school types or a range of programs offerings, parents can filter and select the school types and programs they are interested in and compare offerings before making a decision. School districts are under growing pressure from non-district programs seeking to attract new students. With better communication tools for families, districts can retain and attract students more effectively. Check it out.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017