On-demand marketplaces like Uber are highly disruptive to captive markets. InstaEDU (owned by Chegg and now known as Chegg Tutors), is part of this wave of innovation that is disrupting how learning happens. It takes traditional one-to-one tutoring and makes it available online, offering instant and affordable access to learning. This platform makes it possible for any student, anywhere, to access a quality tutor from a top American university in more than 2,500 subjects. By creating an easy-to-use platform, this solution makes sure that technology doesn’t get in the way of the lesson. Sessions happen seamlessly via video, voice, or text inside of a sophisticated learning space where essays can be critiqued and problems can be solved visually. At $.40/minute, it’s affordable to just about any student. All participating tutors have been vetted by a proprietary qualification system to assure that students learn from the best. Students give tutors instant feedback through a public rating system that allows tutors to hone their individual teaching styles. Students have the ability to review profiles and schedule time with select tutors, or simply select the tutor who is available right then, providing both paid tutors and pupils the ability to benefit from an efficient on-demand marketplace.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017