A free tool that helps teachers nationwide share resources, Activate Instruction also helps students direct their own learning, and helps parents stay in touch with what’s happening at school. Founded by the Girard Education Foundation, Activate is a unique collaboration of teachers and leaders from successful schools, educators-turned-developers and passionate philanthropists. Teachers use Activate to organize, share, and search quality Common Core-aligned resources, and curate them into student playlists. Parents and students can follow teachers and search by topic. Activate’s content bank includes more than 39,000 resources and 4,500 playlists—largely contributed by high-performing Summit Public Schools and High Tech High. The flexible platform supports a variety of learning models, and engages teachers, students and parents with a collaborative, social environment. The platform was built by Illuminate Education and tested in a two-year pilot by Summit Public Schools. Girard Education provides funding and proactive program management, and works with a growing ecosystem of schools, content contributors, and technology partners. The Activate community is working with other foundations, policy experts, and nonprofits to advance blended learning nationwide.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017