With increased availability and use of digital devices in education, it is crucial that students remain safe and make good choices while online. Thanks to Learning.com, there’s an app for that. The Learning.com Digital Citizenship App, available for i0S and Android devices, covers three important topics of digital citizenship: online safety, cyberbullying and the ethical use of digital resources. The app’s content and user interface is specifically designed for middle and early high school students. The app also provides administrators with the reports needed to meet the online safety and cyberbullying instruction requirements for E-Rate funding. Students are guided through each lesson and then quizzed to check their understanding. Administrators can login to Learning.com’s web-based platform to see which students completed the lessons and successfully passed the quiz. The app is self-paced, but the lessons and quiz generally takes about an hour to complete. Starting students on the path towards being good digital citizens before they enter college or the workforce is vital. This app leverages Learning.com’s digital learning expertise to ensure students have relevant instruction on online safety, cyberbullying, and the ethical use of digital resources before they leave high school.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017