Junction provides instructors with a beautiful, seamless way to integrate open learning content (videos, discussion boards, news, readings) from across the Internet into focused, affordable learning experiences that instructors and students alike are raving about. With note-taking, messaging, assessment, discussion boards and more built-in, students can focus on learning instead of file, window and tab management. This is cloud-delivered and available via web and iPad app. Junction’s behavioral learning reports (and soon, notifications) drive performance by providing an anonymous benchmark of the study behavior of top performers in each course directing students to improve their study skills. It facilitates deep engagement – this fall students are spending 33 plus minutes per session. They are on 20 college campuses in a mix of paid and free pilot scenarios and started booking first revenue last October (six weeks post-launch). This company counts two former heads of McGraw-Hill Education as investors and advisors and a former Global CMO for Pearson as an advisor. The founders are both seasoned education execs with one the former SVP and head of strategy and corporate development for a big three publisher who did the first deals in the industry with Inkling, StraighterLine, Area9 and Apple (for iBooks Textbooks). Have a look.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017