The non-profit ReadWorks is committed to solving our nation’s reading comprehension challenges by providing educators with the research-based curriculum and guidance they need to improve their effectiveness and their students’ achievement. They provide a pedagogically consistent product of comprehension units, articles, and question sets for grades K-12 online, for free, to be shared broadly. Their non-fiction and literary articles cover important content areas and they are introducing supportive curricular elements for the articles, including vocabulary, leveled texts, and paired texts. It is aligned to CCSS and state standards. Importantly, their product reflects the most effective research-proven instructional practices in reading comprehension. ReadWorks’ UX is focused on ease of use—helping teachers find curriculum they can implement immediately to improve their students’ comprehension. Their passage search tool allows teachers to filter 2,000+ passages and related curricula by Keyword, Grade, Lexile, Domain, and/or Skill/Strategy in a click. They also provide “My Standards Alignment” to easily take teachers to the units that will fulfill specific standards. It was built to be shareable. Since their launch in November 2010, 800,000 educators in 60,000-plus schools have registered to use their product, with approximately 40,000 new registrants each month. Take a tour.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017