High school students take note: here’s a cool tool in the form of an app. The free app runs on iOS and Android and just got launched last month pulling almost 5 out of 5 stars after several thousand reviews. For the 20 million college-bound students and 30 million parents, we know you’re drowning in a sea of data scattered all over for the more than 4,000 U.S. colleges and universities. So, Schoold is like Zillow for college hunting – or perhaps match.com for students and universities. It’s a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know, want to know, and have to line up. Find information about majors offered, admissions strategies, acceptance chances, funding, salary projections, housing, student loans and overall ROI on your college investment. The people behind Schoold have made the app’s user interface easy-on-the-eyes, zippy, and fun to use with Snapchat 2.0-like filters. Plus, it’s smart. As students interact with the app, it begins to learn about your likes and preferences, prioritizing and serving up just the content you would naturally gravitate toward. The app pulls together hard-to-find, disparate public data sources and integrates social media graphs, cool content, data science, exceptional design, and AI, to create an interactive admissions guide all neatly fitting in the palm of your hand. Check it out.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017