Here’s a unique mobile learning platform designed for the synchronized use of mobile devices in education. With Nearpod, teachers can create content, engage students digitally and assess them in real time. Its mission is to significantly improve the quality and cost of education, while transforming and improving the way in which people learn. The people behind this company are convinced that the fast adoption of tablet computing and mobile devices is having a profound impact on education, and that they can enable teachers to take advantage of the current available technologies (without eliminating lectures). Talk with them and you’ll understand that they are true believers in the fact that teachers will remain a fundamental component of the educational process. They are aimed at teachers and institutions. Nearpod allows educators to very easily take their existing presentations, convert them into mobile-friendly content, and engage all users to make them part of the action. Teachers can then deliver their existing content through mobile devices and get instant feedback from students through interactive features like polls, quizzes, drawing activities, matching pairs, fill in the blanks, videos, web sites, and others. Homework mode allows students to explore lessons at their own pace, at school or even at home. These guys are definitely a company to watch in the edtech space. Check them out.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- The Human Element
- More About ‘Way Easier Learning’
- Does VR Have a Place in EdTech?
- 2018: New Horizon for Learning in World of Constant Innovation
- Big Changes Occurring on College and University Campuses
- Re-examining a Quality Higher Education
- 10% There: The Future of Edtech and Personalized Learning
- Five Trends for Successful EdTech Deployments in 2018
- Three EdTech Trends to Watch in 2018
- Year in Review: Hottest EdTrends of 2017