Aiming to help every student love math, Desmos’ free tools allow students to easily connect, visualize, and grasp concepts more easily. Demos’ digital calculators can be used during math lessons and include basic, scientific, and graphing calculators. Recently, Desmos partnered with Promethean to make more than 100 graphs available to teachers for free through ClassFlow, a free lesson delivery software for any brand of interactive panel display. Whether teachers use ClassFlow to choose ready-made lessons or customize their own, they can use Desmos graphs to learn how to create a reflection of a point across a line or create Pac Man. Desmos’ software is compliant with the WCAG 2.0 accessibility standard, allowing students with visual disabilities to participate fully. To discover the math tools that Desmos and Promethean have made available for teachers, learn more here.
SUBSCRIBE to EdTech Digest:
- My Tweets
Read these recent posts:
- Why Digital Citizenship Is an Educational Imperative
- The Heart of Educational Game Design
- Digital Classrooms 2018
- Four Reasons to Rethink EdTech Financing
- My Advice to Women Pursuing a STEM Career in 2018
- A 350% Increase, And Trying to Keep Up
- What Does Success Look Like?
- Can AI Make Teaching Human Again?
- Video-Powered PD!
- Teaching the Untaught