Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by literacy experts with 30 years experience, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities and over 2,000 digital story books.
Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read. Some of the features that earned it a Cool Tool Award Winner status as part of The EdTech Awards 2020 include its multi-tiered approach:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns and more.
Using the five essential keys to reading success, the program unlocks all aspects of learning to read for your child.
- The lessons use colorful animation, fun characters, songs, and rewards to keep children motivated.
- The program is completely interactive to keep children on task.
- When children start the program, they can complete a placement quiz to ensure they are starting at the correct reading level.
- Parents can access detailed progress reports as well as hundreds of downloadable activity sheets that correspond with the lessons in the program.
- The program includes over 2000 online books for kids – each ending with a comprehension quiz that assesses your child’s understanding.